“Energy flows where attention goes” — Hawaiian Kahuna wisdom
That’s a profound insight into the nature of things. There are times when it’s useful to focus on what doesn’t work or what’s painful, to bring it up and sort it out. But . . . our brains have a hard-wired negativity bias, drawing our attention to problems. As a survival strategy in the wild, where the ‘news’ comes from our immediate environment, that works really well. As modern humans, we get fed bad news by the media that’s way out of proportion because it’s so far from here-and-now, and that makes us sick.
There are things you can do about that!
Here’s a 3-session online movement and dance workshop in which you can:
- Learn techniques for feeling better within yourself and the world, without resorting to fantasy or denial
- Expand your creativity, courage and capacity for pleasure
- Empower your choices of where you put your attention
- Enjoy moving and dancing, grooving to the same beat with other people around the world
We will give some space for the shadow, to see what gets in your way. But we won’t look that way for too long. The focus here will be where we’re heading: into the light.
All sessions will be held using Zoom. All times are London-based.
Friday 5th Feb, 6-8.30pm: arrival, grounding, presence
Saturday 6th Feb, 3.30-7.30pm: choice, shadow work, opening to truth
Sunday 7th Feb, 3.30-6.30pm: pleasure, power and light
To take part in this event, you will need:
- The understanding that you are responsible for your physical, emotional and mental well-being during and after this event.
- The ability and resources to integrate the possibility of strong emotional experience, which may be within yourself, or through access to support from friends, family or professionals.
- Good internet connection via laptop or notebook if possible (with a phone, the screen size will make it harder for you to interact with us). Some external speakers would also enhance your sonic experience — highly recommended!