Transforming violence into empowered loving communication
An online men’s weekend, opening into how we are with women, what’s driving us, what we’re longing for, and how we might contribute to the world around us in a good way.
“Only when compassion is present will we allow ourselves to see the truth” — A. H. Almaas
There’s a lot of troubled water between men and women in the public sphere right now, and behind people’s front doors too. Change is afoot, and it’s not easy.
The women are calling for something, and we know the old ways don’t work, but how can we take steps that are genuinely evolving from our own truth and wholeness, not driven by shame, guilt, or a boyish need to please?
If you want to be with any woman, fully, deeply, wholeheartedly, it really helps to have the company of other men. That’s what this weekend is for: if you’re a man with women as part of your daily life.
I’ve had a long and challenging journey with women. Often painful, always work in progress. I’ve walked far enough for my freedom, made enough mistakes along the way, and found enough wellness now that I have some medicine to offer.
- How about you? I mean deep down, in ways that reveal themselves over years in the patterns of your life. How’s it going being a man, with women?
- Can you freely love and appreciate the women in your life, or do you harbour deep resentments or rage, surfacing despite your best intentions?
- Do you naturally respect and admire the women in your life, or sometimes find yourself caught up in the ancestral and cultural story of imbalance between men and women, compulsively fighting for control?
- If you’re with a woman sexually, can you let your sexual depths come all the way up and out, fully expressed, or do you adapt yourself to play the nice guy?
- Are these words already triggering some discomfort in you?
Let’s create space, express feelings, share stories, and evolve a step forwards around all this!
Yes, we’ll move, breathe and dance until we can get out of our heads.
Yes, we’ll dare to be honest, because that cuts so deep through the (de)fences.
Yes, we’ll honour our strengths and vulnerabilities, our fears and furies, the true courage and depth of shame that so many men carry.
The world is changing. Let’s be part of it and renew the lease on manhood, daring to be fully sexual, open-hearted, and committed to the truth.
The session times are: (UK times; see here for your timezone)
Friday 23rd April, 6-8.30pm
Saturday 24th April, 3.30-7.30pm
Sunday 25th April, 3.30-6.30pm